On June 10, nearly 100 professionals celebrated and congratulated the recipients of the 2015 IABC-LI Achievement Awards, at Jewel Restaurant, in Melville.
Seth spoke about the changing landscape of information and provided fantastic insights into Mashable’s processes to not only deliver engaging content, but – more importantly – to predict which content would become trending. This has ensured Mashable’s position as a reliable and timely source for more than 40 million unique visitors each month.
The real focal point of the day was the recognition of the five award-winning individuals and their work on branding and re-branding efforts:
- Achievement in Communications: Saskia Monteiro Thomson, director of marketing and communications, YMCA of Long Island, Inc.
- Achievement in Digital Communications: Meghan O’Neill, digital marketing manager, YMCA of Long Island, Inc.
- Student Achievement in Communications: Dylan Gafarian, St. Joseph’s College, Patchogue Campus
- Achievement in Community Service: Joanne Williams, director of forensic accounting, Nussbaum Yates Berg Klein & Wolpow, LLP
- Communicator of the Year, awarded to an IABC member for outstanding service to the Association, was Jerry Allocca, current IABC-LI president and founder of CORE Interactive
A variety of prizes were raffled to attendees, each more impressive than the last.
And, as IABC-LI president, Jerry Allocca noted, the sponsors of the event were incredibly generous. “They make this organization run,” he said. “We appreciate each and every one of our sponsors – not only for this event, but for all our programs, throughout the year.”
Please visit our sponsors’ websites below to learn more about their important work.