To become an IABC-Long Island member, simply join IABC (global) and select Long Island as your chapter.
IABC-LI connects Long Island’s business communicators with each other, the region’s business community, and a network of about 15,000 people with ideas stretching from Long Island to London, Cape Town to Canberra, and everywhere in between.
Locally, the chapter brings together specialists that are a who’s who of talent across the communications spectrum, including public relations, corporate communications, marketing, photography, graphic design, web development, video production and other communications tracks. Many are managers of in-house departments for corporations, healthcare organizations, schools and not-for-profits. Others are independents who expand in-house capabilities, create new programs and handle project assignments. This diversity offers members a wealth of contacts and resources.
IABC-LI members learn from each other with featured speakers and programs on a wide range of practical and thought-provoking subjects. We also form cherished relationships with each other at networking events and through committee service. These gatherings are excellent places to gain advice and insight from peers. Our member spotlights bring members into focus for added exposure. Need some feedback on a strategic marketing plan you are developing? Or a communication challenge you’re facing? Open the local directory (another member benefit) to call a colleague for input.
Becoming an active IABC member offers opportunities to work as part of a team, through committee membership or event management. You can stretch your capabilities, practice new skills, and build your leadership abilities in all of these ways and more.
As a member of IABC-LI, you will benefit from the full scope and depth of the world’s leading professional association dedicated to business communication.
Best practices, new thinking and a global exchange of ideas are fostered through the international IABC organization, which offers a content-rich Web site, leadership blogs and member forums; a deep roster of conferences, Webinars, case studies and research; and award-winning publications including Communication World and CW Bulletin.
Among the benefits of IABC membership are these:
- Global Networking – opportunities to network with members across the world
- MemberSpeak – trade ideas, solicit advice and input, debate strategies, and share information with your peers
- Online Directory of IABC Members – fully email-able and searchable on a number of parameters
- Chapter Events – face-to-face networking and professional development
- The IABC Buzz – member posts about personal and professional achievements
- The IABC Café – blogs by IABC’s executive board leaders and senior staff
- The IABC eXchange – create your own private website or blog
- IABC’s Job Centre
- The IABC Marketplace – connects consultants and freelancers with prospective clients
- Learning Opportunities – plentiful resources to hone your skills
- MyComm – online strategic planning tool
- Communication World Magazine – detailed case studies and how-to advice
- CW Bulletin – monthly electronic newsletter
- Discovery, our Online Library of Content
- SR Link – A collaborative website
- Generous Member Pricing – for numerous events and educational products throughout the year
- Membership Discounts – vendor discounts on products and services
- Accreditation – The “ABC” designation confers mastery of business communication
- Awards – recognize service to IABC and/or accomplishment in the field of business communication.
A comprehensive description of IABC membership benefits can be found on the international Website.
To connect with IABC-LI and all the resources we have to offer, contact David Weinstein, Membership Chair. He’ll be happy to answer your questions and update you on chapter happenings, and even happier to welcome you to a meeting!